Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Jamie Oliver's Tear n Share Garlic Bread

Although my bread making has waned in the past month, for a while there I was really on a roll.  Making your own bread is so satisfying to me - fun and easy and nearly always delicious.  

This is Jamie Oliver's Tear n Share Garlic Bread - buns, really, all nestled together snug in a tray, and covered with garlic butter.  Yum!  




I was feeling quite proud of myself until the proofing stage - the recipe calls for 1 1/2 proofing and because our house was chilly, I set them in the oven with the light on.  It was too much of a good thing and they over-proofed.  They tasted fine but they looked awful.


They were, however, the hit of this particular Sunday dinner - this was the  one mentioned here with the super tough chicken that we all hated.  But the table looked nice.



I'd really like to get back into bread baking, but I'm having trouble finding good recipes and finding the time to find good recipes.  I made a "best ever" sandwich bread that hardly rose, and some so-so foccacia.  I still have a big stack of books to go through for my Instagram reviews, so hopefully I can find something in there, but if you have any winner bread recipes, drop me a line!