Monday, December 06, 2010

Reverb 10, Day 6

December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

This is a bit of a coincidence as at the brunch we went to yesterday we made sugar scrubs! I was planning to share it with you, so I can do it now.


This is a super simple craft from Martha Stewart. Mix salt or sugar with a carrier oil (I used olive oil), scent with essential oil and color with food coloring if desired.
I made 3 - a blue scented with peppermint, pink scented with anise, and what was supposed to be a purple but ended up more brown with cinnamon (which is kind of fitting).  
I am putting these by the sink in the kitchen so I can give my hands a decadent scrub whenever needed. 

 I would really like to make a blanket for my will-be-born-in-May niece or nephew.  Besides not having time, I also can't knit, crochet or sew.  But still, I hope to actually do this project.