Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Can you cook Rachael Ray recipes in 30 minutes - Recipe 2 - Pasta

The second recipe for the CYCRRRI30M is a pasta dish, Napa Noodles.

I have a beef I must share with you. On her 30 minute show, when she makes pasta, she'll take a pot over to the sink to fill with water to boil the pasta, then she'll leave the water running and walk away to do something else. THEN she goes back to the sink, where the water is STILL running into the overflowing pot, turns off the water, and dumps out a bunch. Is this necessary? There is already so much food waste from cooking shows, does this have to happen? Can't the pot already have water in it and be sitting on the stove, waiting for her to turn it on? You may not, and probably don't, care about this. But it bothers me every single time I see it.

Anyhoo, this dish goes a little more smoothly than the burger. I work at a normal pace. I get all the ingredients prepped while the water is coming to a boil, and the veggies cooked while the noodles are cooking. I cooked the veg a little longer than the recipe states, so the cabbage seemed to dissolve. I used peas instead of edamame, and egg noodles instead of soba. There are green onions in there, but they are hiding in the photo below:

How long did it take?

27 minutes.

This is a really nice pasta dish, a nice way to use napa cabbage other than a straight stir fry. Scott loved it and ate nearly the whole dish by himself. I managed to get a couple of spoonfuls.

So far 2 of 2 recipes have cooked in less than 30 minutes!

Tomorrow - another vegetarian dish.