Sunday, July 11, 2010

The French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook

A few years ago a book came out that grabbed the interest of people (me included) looking to drop a few pounds - French Women Don't Get Fat. The book, which offered tips on how to eat well - very well - and be a healthy weight was a sensation. Finally after a few years wait Mirelle Guiliano is back with a companion book of recipes, The French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook.

Sadly for me, I am still in the position I was a few years ago, still chubby (but a little less though!), and still looking for advice and tips to shed these dammed extra pounds. After quite a while of gaining and losing the same weight over and over again, it finally dawned on me what my biggest problem is. I like to cook. I like to eat. And while I want to lose weight and be healthy, I don't want be stuck on a restrictive diet, eating the same 2 or 3 things over and over again. Because I'll rebel. Big time.

If you're a dork like me, or just interested in really good food that is also good for you, you'll want to see this book.

This book is about eating well, about eating healthfully. About not starving yourself and not sacrificing the good things in life. The author is passionate about food and her recipes are delicious proof.

I love the design of the book - the illustrations are charming, and the writing is witty and easygoing. It has the feel that the author is sitting in the chair next to you, sharing tips over coffee.

For my review I tried 3 recipes:

Asparagus with yogurt dressing


Chicken en Croute Fiona Style


Sweet and Sour Carrot Salad



There is no other way for me to express how I felt about these recipes, other than to say OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. The dishes were delicious. The recipes were easy to prepare and the instructions were clear. Did I mention they were delicious? These recipes are all healthful with natural unprocessed ingredients.

I would recommend this book to well, everyone, for the simple delicious recipes. There is something in here for all palates, whether dieting or not.