Monday, December 31, 2007

End of Year Meme/Thang - Year Two

I did this last year too.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
We had a busy year. We went to Hawaii. I swam with turtles! We saw whales! We went to two big concerts - Eric Clapton and Robert Cray (I LOVE ROBERT CRAY) and The Killers - I've never been to a large concert before. Scott built me a garden and I grew stuff. We finished our basement. We sold our house, quit our jobs and moved to BC. Yeah, can you see what this will all be about?

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Pfft. I am still working on losing weight. It's not going well.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A couple of friends.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
The U.S.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
The same as last year - More confidence in myself; the ability to not worry so much about things I can't control; World Peace; some new clothes. And a smaller ass.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Too many! The day we sold our house. The day I quit my job. The day we left Calgary.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving. Finally realizing the time was long overdue to leave my job in Calgary. And doing it.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Same as last year. I haven't been very organized.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A house in BC!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Anyone who did a good deed for someone less fortunate.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I would have to say the media. I am so tired of turning on the TV or reading a newspaper and having to see/read about stupid celebrities and their stupid actions.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving. House.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Maui. My garden. Leaving my job in Calgary.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
Happier.
Fatter. Sob.
Oooh, a mite bit poorer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read. Excersize.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Fuss over things I can't control.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it at our house. My parents came for dinner.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I stayed in love.

22. How many one-night stands?
5.
Actually, none.


23. What was your favorite TV program?
I watched much less TV this year. But I do like Survivor, Amazing Race and stuff on Food Network Canada.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Unfortunately yes there are.

25. What was the best book you read?
I read The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns this year, both were great. And the last Harry Potter.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Fratellis. Amy Winehouse. The soundtrack from the movie Once. Lily Allen.

27. What did you want and get?
A vacation.

28. What did you want and not get?
A smaller bod.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Pan's Labyrinth.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My birthday was just a few days before we moved. My former boss took me for lunch, for Thai food. Scott took me out for dinner to the same restaurant for dinner. But shhhh! Don't tell Scott. I didn't tell him it was the same restaurant I'd been for lunch, in case he decided to change his mind. I love Thai food.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
It's always nice to get along with people, which doesn't always happen. It also would have been nice if I hadn't been let down by certain people either. But c'est la vie.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Fashion what?.

33. What kept you sane?
Deep breaths.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I think Simon Pegg is one of the funniest people ever. I also am a wee bit fond of Miikka Kiprusoff.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Lying.

36. Who did you miss?
You know who you are.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
The person who gave me a job when we moved here :) .

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Like yourself. You are more wonderful than you think.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I don't know. But my favorite right now is:
The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun.

If you decide to take part in this yourself, drop me a line (iliketocookATshawDOTca) and let me know! I'd love to read it.

Happy New Years to you and yours! All the best for 2008. Be safe.