Saturday, December 30, 2006

End of Year Meme/Thang

The totally wonderful Linda at All & Sundry posts an annual End of the Year Meme, and this year after also seeing it over at Morgan's I decided to take part too.

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Went to Las Vegas! That might have been the highlight of my year.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
The past few years my resolutions have all been about losing weight and getting into better shape. I did make some excellent progress, but the resolution will be the same again this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin did, and Scott's sister had a baby mid-December.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
The U.S.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
More confidence in myself; the ability to not worry so much about things I can't control; World Peace; some new clothes.

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Our 5th wedding anniversary, and the day that I flew to B.C. for a ceremoney that postumosly honored my Grandmother for her volunteer work.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Ummmmmmm, working at changing our eating habits - paying more attention to what we eat, eating more "whole" foods, more natural foods, less meat. Getting rid of all the junk.

9. What was your biggest failure?
My organizational skills really went in the pot this year. I need to work on changing that.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
After 2+ years in this house, we finally got a fence in our backyard!!!!!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Anyone who did a good deed for someone less fortunate.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
99% of polititians.

14. Where did most of your money go?
To the house. It's always about the house.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Well, the fence was pretty exciting. And Vegas.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Broken Boy Soldier by The Raconteurs. I love the whole cd, but I especially love the vocals on this one.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
Happier.
Thinner.
About the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time with my family. Reading.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting in front of the TV.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
My parents came to town for Christmas. Next year we will go to their house.

21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I stayed in love.

22. How many one-night stands?
Dur. None.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Big Love. Lost. The Office. The Amazing Race.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. There are people I am less fond of.

25. What was the best book you read?
This is a hard one. I read a lot this year, but nothing that is really standing out. I did acquire many vegan/vegetarian cookbooks this year, and am enjoying them.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
No idea. I think my biggest musical discovery is that I am now too old for popular music. Fergie? The Pussycat Dolls? That isn't music, people. The Raconteurs, I guess. I like the Arctic Monkeys too. And Snow Patrol.

27. What did you want and get?
A fence!

28. What did you want and not get?
My basement finished. We have been working on it for a looooong time.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Little Miss Sunshine.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went out for lunch, for Thai food. Scott took me out for dinner to one of those Mongolie-style restaurants where you make your own stir-fries. I turned 34 in September.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting along better with certain people in my life.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Slob. And somewhat embarassed about it.

33. What kept you sane?
Reading. And my ipod, bless it's teeny metal heart.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I tend to get a lot of mini crushes on musicians, because deep down inside, I know I am a musical goddess.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politicians going back on thier promises.

36. Who did you miss?
My Grandmother.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Well, I've "met" many excellent bloggers this year, and that makes me very happy.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Know when to not do-it-yourself. Would have saved us some time and headaches on our basement.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Maybe it’s up with the stars
Maybe it’s under the sea
Maybe it’s not very far
Maybe this is how it’s supposed to be.


If you decide to take part in this yourself, drop me a line (iliketocookATshawDOTca) and let me know! I'd love to read it.

Happy New Years to you and yours. Be safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost double twenty questions! Whooo...you did an excellent job here.
Certainly have enjoyed your blog this year. Looking for a wonderful year for all of us.

Sara said...

Tanna, thank you for all your nice words. All the best to you in 2007.