Friday, June 09, 2006

Shredded Carrot-Ginger Pancakes

When I saw the gorgeous picture of Joe's carrot pancakes over at Culinary in the Desert, I knew I had to make them. I adore vegetable cakes and fritters. The crisp outside, the soft veg waiting for you on the inside. What's not to love?
So I whipped up a batch. I have to tell you, this is definitely a recipe we'll be having again and again. Out of this world! Carrots and spicy ginger were made for each other. Scott and I even argued over who would get to take the leftovers to work the next day for lunch! Because I am a garlic fiend, I doubled the amount of the garlic and ginger in both the patties and sauce. I also divided the sauce into 2 bowls, and added a bit of sugar to one of them. Both were equally delicious.
Thanks Joe!

No comments: