Thursday, May 25, 2006

Farmers Market

A couple of weeks ago I went to 3 farmers markets. Here's what I got:
Watermelon, some kind of squash, red potatos (for $1!), tomatos, fiddleheads, garlic, oranges.
a bag of fresh basil for $1, snap peas, pears, ginger, 3 leeks for $2, 2 loaves of organic sourdough
cute little teeney organic zucchini
a big bag of peppers, fresh corn tortillas, jicama, 2 cans of chipolte peppers (Morgan! I got them at the Cookbook Company store at the Calary Farmers Market), a mexican spice for fruit and vegetable, chipolte hummous and crab and lobster dip.

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Thanks!

purplecupcake said...

Wow, you hit the jackpot..don't you just love farmer's markets? You got delicious stuff to make with there! I wish I could get a bag of red potatoes for a buck and those zucchini look great!

Anonymous said...

I love farmer's markets. The good one in my area is only running while I'm at work, though, so I always miss out on the good deals.

Randi said...

we can't even get corn tortillas here. I havent even seen them in London. It's so backwards here.