Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Pork Enchiladas


I love Mexican Food! Here is a great recipe for pork enchiladas from Martha Stewarts Everyday Food magazine. It is very easy and quite quick. I served this with Zatarin's beans and rice on the side. I didn't have a chance to buy green salsa, so I used regular red salsa. I also used a bit more cheese than the magazine used.


Pork Enchildas
adapted from Everyday Food Magazine

1 lb pork tenderloin, cut lengthwise
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano
salt
olive oil
2 cups salsa
8 tortillas
1 cup grated monteray jack cheese

Dust the pork with the cumin and oregano. Heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the pork, and cook until just cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board. Let rest for 10 minutes, then slice thinly.

Preheat oven to 450'. Puree salsa and 1/4 water in a blender. Add to skillet, warm through.

Reserve 1/2 cup cheese.

Evenly divide the pork and cheese between the tortillas. Roll each tortilla tightly and place, seam side down in a baking dish. Top with heated salsa and reserved cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

Little Mama said...

I love enchiladas and those look great. My enchilada recipe has a cheese sauce because I love cheese more than I love enchiladas :). Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...enchiladas are the best. Yours look fabulous and so yummy!

Joe said...

Hi Sara,

Your Enchiladas look awesome! I've never made them before - thanks for the inspiration to try them soon.

Sarah said...

I just googled this (enchiladas, pork, easy) and made it today. Yummy!!! I was worried since i didn't have enchilada sauce and this was perfect.

A few modifications i had to make turned out fine:
I didn't have quite enough salsa, but added some plain tomato sauce and green chilies. mm, it was good!!
My pork was already cooked, so i added the cumin and oregano to the sauce. I think next time I'll put it in the meat, if I'm using leftover meat again.