Sunday, August 14, 2016

Eating better, and peanut butter toast with blueberries


I am trying very hard to keep up the good habits I've slowly built up over the past 
year and a half, but I'm slipping.  
Why?  Why now? 
 I made it through transitioning back to work, being super sick for 2 months, 
but now all I want to do is eat potato chips and cookies.  

I've refrained, from the cookies.  But only because we don't have any.  
I know, because I checked. 

I'm trying to get back to more fruits and veggies, more water, 
more leaving the chips at the store. 

This was a delicious breakfast of peanut butter toast with blueberries and some smoothie. 
 I bought some of these Naked smoothies from Costco.  
They are ok, but too sweet for me, so I dilute them with water.  This works perfectly as they are then less sweet, and bulked up with water to fill me up.

I struggle with all meals, but especially breakfast.  Toast or a bowl of cereal is never satisfying enough, and I end up over-snacking in mid morning.  I prefer savory breakfasts to sweet, but can never think of things to make.

I recently tried fancying up my own yogurt - I started with a recipe that added peanut butter and honey to plain Greek yogurt, which I had bought to marinate some chicken in,
and I added some instant coffee, because the flavor reminded me a bit of
the cappuccino yogurt I loved years ago.  Strangely, it made me very
thirsty - maybe the peanut butter?

It was fun though, to customize your our yogurt.  I'll have to pick up
some more plain stuff and do more experimenting.

What are your healthy go to breakfasts?