Friday, June 10, 2016

Sunday Dinner - Quesadillas and Lazy Daisy Cake

Often on Sundays The Grandfolk will come over for dinner. 
We like it and are always happy to see them, but it's just another meal to plan and cook. 
Will there be enough veggies? Can't make anything too spicy. 
What is The Boy refusing to eat this week? 
I'm a bit sad to start this new series off on a low note - this dinner - 
the main course at least, was not well received. 
 I made quesadillas, and for the filling I made a batch of taco meat from The Maui Taco Cookbook. We ate there on our trip 9 (!!!!) years ago and it's still a big happy memory for me.  

The beef is cooked for an hour with pineapple juice, spices and water and is so delicious, although the recipe calls for too much salt in my opinion.  

We used the beef, some cheese, and salsa, veggies....I thought they were pretty tasty, but no one seemed to like them much except me and The Mister, who had to eat the leftovers every day for about 4 days.  Oh well.  I guess they can't all be winners.

The big hit was the dessert - I made a Lazy Daisy cake, since The Mister was complaining that I made one for the bake sale and not for him.  IT WAS SO GOOD.


I'm on the lookout for this week's Sunday Dinner recipe - stay tuned!