Thursday, November 05, 2015

Waffled Pumpkin Cinnamon Buns

I impulse purchased a can of pumpkin cinnamon rolls last month 
and then they sat and sat in the fridge. 
My family doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, and I really shouldn't make sweet stuff 
because they don't eat it, and then I feel like I have to, and I shouldn't. 

 I had a eureka moment - I remembered multiple posts on Pinterest 
about cooking cinnamon buns in waffle makers. 
Why the heck not. 

I heated up the ole waffle maker and sprayed it down with cooking spray.
The buns were separated and slightly squished, and then tossed on the iron.


They didn't take long to cook - 4 minutes or so.  
We spread some of the included icing on them and dug in.


They were fun, and good.  The Boy thought they were hilarious, and ate his up, so that was a bonus.
I wouldn't run out and buy another can to make these next weekend, but if I did impulse purchase another tin, this would be in the running.