Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Meatball Sub Cupcakes


I found this recipe on Pinterest when I was menu planning for a recent visit from my 
Mother in Law.  I figured it would be an easy dish to prepare and sneak arsenic into, to off her.  Kidding!
She is a lovely woman.

I thought they were adorable, and that The Boy would like them.  And I had everything 
in the fridge or freezer already except for the crescent roll dough.

I went off recipe in two areas; I made my own meatballs - 12 from one pound of beef, seasoned with salt, pepper, onion and garlic, and I used herb and garlic cream cheese instead of plain.  I loved the flavor that it added to the dish.  If I only had regular cream cheese I would definitely 
spice it up before using it.  

Other than finding pressing the dough into the muffin cups a bit annoying, this was a really easy and really delicious recipe.  And the leftovers reheated well too, which is always a bonus.