Saturday, October 13, 2012

Breakfast from the Pioneer Woman

I cooked a couple of recipes from The Pioneer Woman for a project I ended up abandoning, but I thought I would share 2 of them with you anyway. This first one is a breakfast dish that you can prep ahead of time - Make Ahead Muffin Melts. Eggs and bacon are mixed with cheese, mayo and seasonings. Then when you are ready to eat you just smear the mixture on your bread or english muffin and broil. Easy.

I have never been good at peeling hard boiled eggs.


Here is the end result, which was good. I halved the recipe and also cut back on the amount of cheese and mayo because her quantities frightened me. I was sure Scott would love this, but some of the egg went to waste before we could get through it all. Still this would be a great breakfast for a group. I will definitely think of this next time the family comes to town.

                                                      Recipe:Make Ahead Muffin Melts