Thursday, August 30, 2012

"Onesie" Cake

I made this cake last summer for my Sister and Brother-in Law for a family dinner after the birth of their second child. My mom had found the recipe and passed it on. It looked pretty foolproof, even for me!

These simple but amazing ideas always floor me. Bake a cake in a 9x13 pan, make a few strategic cuts, and voila! You have a cake that looks like a baby outfit.


After I baked and cut the cake, it was loaded into a cooler with baby blue icing and other supplies, and driven out to my Mother in Law's trailer which was parked in the Shuswap. I did the decorating out there.


I don't know anything about icing and decorating cakes. I think that's pretty obvious. I iced the cake in blue, then attempted to trim and decorate the cake. It's very basic, but cute.


Step by step instructions at Canadian Living here.