Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Weekend Cookbook Challenge RoundUp and Goodbye

Well, here we are for the 37th and last roundup for the Weekend Cookbook Challenge. I started the challenge as a solo project back in 2005 as a way to cook out of more books in my cookbook collection. After cooking out of 5 of my previously unused cookbooks the WCC was turned into an event that everyone could take part it. And now 37 months and 37 themes later, this is goodbye.

Let's go!


A sweet post and a lovely plate of Seared Tuna with Lime Crust are sent to the final WCC by the wonderful Deb of Kahakai Kitchen. Thanks Deb!


Judy from Judy's Gross Eats has come by to say so long and with her she brings photos of her gorgeous kitchen and some delicious Macaroni and Cheese.


Ok, everyone stay where you are and don't all go running into the kitchen at once to make Pages, Pucks and Pantry and Mrs. L's Pan Fried Angel Food Cake. Um, yum.


I don't want to alarm anyone, but I think Hell may have frozen over.......Lis sent in a post for WCC! Oh just teasing. But seriously, her Romanian Garlicky Ground Meat Sausages (Carnatzlach) with Sour Pickle Vinaigrette and Roasted Red Peppers looks stunning, and she says nice things about me, she's awesome!


My beautiful friend Mary from The Sour Dough has written a lovely post for the end of WCC. The WCC is actually how Mary and I "met", for which I will forever be grateful. Her Cappuccino White Chocolate Chunk Bread looks good, but is not nearly as sweet as her.


My friend Ruth from Once Upon a Feast has made what she calls her most romantic dinner for the final WCC - Bife a Poruguesa. Thank you Ruth!


Jenny from All Things Edible share these pretty Caramel Dumplings, a recipe from her Grandmother.


I could never thank Michelle from Je Mange la Ville enough for her participation over the 3 years of WCC. Her beautiful Tarte au Citron is a lovely goodbye.


I am working on finding the perfect Bloody Mary. It's a tough job, but I'm up to the challenge.


You are for sure going to want to check out these raw vegan brownies from TriniGourmet! They look great.


Another one from me - Setas Salteadas Con Jamon Y Allioli. If you like mushrooms and ham, you'll want to try this.


This Mexican Chicken and Corn Chowder is well loved by Cynthia and her family at Diary of a Glad Housewife. Mmmmmm, corn.


LadyConcierge sends us this simply lovely Valentine's Day Cheesecake. Thanks LC!


Joanne at Eats Well With Others posted this crazy colorful Caramelized Sweet Potato, Garlic, and Rosemary Macaroni and Cheese and Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan. Yum!


Here's my Pulled Pork from Rachel Ray magazine. I've got a freezer full of shredded pork now. What could be better?

__________________________________

A thousand thank yous to everyone who ever posted for WCC, hosted, suggested ideas, and came by to check out our efforts. I so appreciate all you have done and thanks for joining me over the past few years for Weekend Cookbook Challenge.

It was so much fun. I miss it already.