Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sunday Farmers Market

The last half of last week was absolutely miserable here in Calgary. It started to snow while I was driving home on Friday. Thankfully the snow didn't stick to the ground, but Saturday was a dismal day. When I saw the weather on the morning news that it felt like -10' with the windchill I knew there was no way I was going to Millarville. I burned breakfast and moped around the house for the rest of the morning. In the afternoon we saw a matinee (run, don't walk, and see Little Miss Sunshine.) And then went to a party that night that included alcohol and a hot tub.
Sunday morning we dragged our hung-over asses to the Calgary Farmers Market for breakfast and shopping. We split a Ham and Bechamel Crepe and Cinnamon Bun from Ladybug Organic Foods and a smoothie from another stall. We bought some veggies and stuff and headed over to Marda Loop for a walk and some window shopping. The walk wasn't that fun - too windy, and many of the stores are closed on Sundays. So we had a coffee and split a vegetarian burrito at Kaffa before heading home for some Tylenol and a nap.
Top picture: crab salad, mango noodle salad, potatos, pattypan squash, cookie, cherry tomatos, more squash, kale.
Bottom picture: crab salad.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Little Miss Sunshine amazing!

Anonymous said...

I'd like some of that crab salad.

Sara said...

Ivonne - I loved it! I've been in a bit of a funk lately but I laughed my butt off in the theatre.

KH - I am not really a fan of seafood salads, but this was really good. Made with real crab too, not the fake stuff which is rare around here. That container cost us less than $4.

The Cookbook Junkie said...

I enjoy your blog but I refuse to be assaulted by such filthy language. The 's' word - in September no less. ((shudder)) I won't stand for that.

If I knew how much I would hate driving in that white stuff, I never would have left the city.

Sara said...

CJ - I apologize for my use of language, but I was provoked! No one, especially me, wants to have to use disgusting words like that in September. Or October....