Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Chicken Satay


This is a nice and gingery, mildly spicy satay. I cooked this on my George Foreman grill, but next time I'll grill it on the bbq.

Chicken Satay

1 tb chopped ginger
1/4 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup tamari
1 tsp hot chile sauce
2 tb lemon juice
1 tb sugar
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 chicken breasts

Combine all ingredients but the chicken in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. Slice the chicken into strips. Transfer to a bowl and pour the marinade over. Stir to combine, then cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
Heat bbq or grill pan. Thread chicken on skewers and grill until chicken is cooked through. Serve with peanut dipping sauce.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love satay just as much as I like ginger. Spiciness is always good during cold and flu season. Nice colourful photo.

Little Mama said...

Oh I love love love chicken satay. I may have to give this one a try. It looks great.

it's only fuel said...

Holy cow those look yummy. I love chicken satay and peanut sauce! Why do I find myself salivating over everything you make?!

Ziz said...

Hey Sara! Quick question for ya, I have a "my blogging girlfriends" listing in my left hand sidebar on my site, and I wanted to add you! :)

If that is ok, shoot me an email. All I need your 'okay' on is to use an image from your site to use as a link to your site. (See my sidebar for examples)

Let me know when you have a sec. :D

somethingsoclever@hotmail.com