Thursday, October 06, 2005

Plum jam



We bought a ton of plums last week at Millarville. Even though we were eating them everyday I was worried they would go bad before we could get through all of them. On Sunday I found a pack of freezer jam pectin in the pantry.
Plum Jam!


Plum Freezer Jam
adapted from the back of a package of Club House No Cook Freezer Jam gelling powder
4 cups of finely chopped plums
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 pkg freezer jam pectin

Gently mix plums and sugar in a large bowl.
Let stand for 15 minutes.
Slowly sprinkle gelling powder over friut, stirring for 3 minutes.
Let stand for another 5 minutes.
Stir again for 1 minute, then pour into jars.
Seal tightly.
Use jam within 6 weeks, or freeze for up to one year.

5 comments:

Little Mama said...

Yum, that sounds (and looks) great.

Anonymous said...

Love plums but a little afraid of making my own jam. I will one of these days. I better keep your recipe handy.

Sara said...

I HATE SPAM!
Punky - thanks! It's tasty
Cara - I am looking forward to the swap. WCC is something I came up with myself, but I am talking to another blogger about teaming up and asking people to participate. I will let you know when we do that.
Sarah Lou - you should give it a try. Jam is not hard at all.

Anonymous said...

The jam looks delicious, Sara! I've never made plum jam. I'm so glad you're joining us for the Swap. :)

Amy

sally calligan said...

thanks for your photo and recipe. It was just what i wanted. 2009-8-26