Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hands-free Raspberry Jam

On my recent vacation, I was lucky enough to come across Nigella Lawson's How To Be a Domestic Goddess for a low, low price. While flipping through it the other night, I read her recipe for jam. It is ridiculously simple - sugar and berries and no boiling- but is so good.



Equal parts sugar and raspberries. Into the oven they go!




Out of the oven after 25 minutes. The house smelled so good.




Mix the sugar into the berries. It bubbles and hisses, and becomes...



jam.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is my favorite, favorite jam! It is so easy and I love the moment you mix the berries and sugar together.

Ana said...

What is the oven temperature? I would like to try this.

Anonymous said...

Are there other forums/blogs that are more specific for this topic? I have not found one.

Anonymous said...

That's an original recipe, but I don't think that cooking fruit in an aluminium container is a good idea: fruit is acidic and will corrode the aluminium, which is very toxic.
It would be better to use a glass or ceramic dish.